May 15, 2012 at 9:40 am #214232
Jovi -yeah. Lets met at my house around 8. Since the Santa Clarita boys will leave at 9. I will text you my address.May 15, 2012 at 10:42 am #214233
Bo will be leaving early morning with his group. He will try to reserve the campsite for us.May 15, 2012 at 12:07 pm #214234
I’m trying to meet up with my group at 5am and get an early start for a decent campsite and late afternoon ride. Gooseberry is unimproved, nothing but a bathroom. No charge, no reservations, no water, first come first serve basis. I’ll try to get the same site we used last time, it is a large area that can accommodate 3-4 cars. There are many other smaller areas, but the entire group is not going to fit into one campsite, we will need multiple sites. If cars can get there early as possible, it will increase our chances of getting better sites or sites close to each other. Give me a call when you guys are on the road, Jr or Arvin has my number. I don’t think At&T or any other cellular co has a tower near the mesa. If you get there after dark listen for the loud group.
BoMay 15, 2012 at 9:24 pm #214235
I was able to talk to my friend who was at gooseberry mesa two weeks ago. His cell phone worked.May 16, 2012 at 7:10 am #214236
Jason -Its been 2 years so maybe they improve. 2 years ago I get signal only at night.
Arvin/Jovencio -I will bring a large cooler for food.
Ed -You owe me. Remember?
Xandie -try all your tricks. 1 more day.May 16, 2012 at 9:20 am #214237
Weather forecast on Sat is 90*, Sunday in St George is 93*, not good for mtb ride, let’s cancel the road trip, its too hot 🙂May 16, 2012 at 10:46 am #214238
JP you kidding JR ? after what he’s been through?…If it’s really hot improvise…wear an umbrella hat or better yet …ride at night whoaa! there no excuses.May 16, 2012 at 10:49 am #214239
JP you kidding JR ? after what he’s been through?…If it’s really hot improvise…wear an umbrella hat or better yet …ride at night if it’s still hot then I’ll just consume all the iced cold beer at the base camp while grilling! so there no excuses please.May 16, 2012 at 12:34 pm #214240
Wow.. cancel!!! my legs and shoulder still not fully recover for all the hard work I did.May 16, 2012 at 6:48 pm #214241
No heat wave no tsunami no hurricane can stop this road trip, it’s rain or shine we go 🙂May 17, 2012 at 12:49 am #214242
JR if I go to your haus by 8 I’m gonna get caught sa trafik. Maybe it’d be better to meet at JP’s haus pra against the a.m. commute. What do you think?May 17, 2012 at 12:51 am #214243
oh got a cooler pro medium lang.May 17, 2012 at 6:07 am #214244
Can we schedule mtb riding at 6 am pinoy time to avoid high temp in Utah?May 17, 2012 at 7:23 am #214245
Jovy -we are planning to take 14 fwy. saan ka ba?
Raul -6 am pinoy time is 9 am. hehehe. Not mistaken Utah have 1 or 2 hrs ahead.
We could avoid late start if no party on Friday night. hehehehe. We just set up the tent, chit chat a little bit and sleep early. No beer and no food.May 17, 2012 at 9:04 am #214246
Sleep early? I don’t think so!! You guys have Ed + Mang Vern + Arvin, u’ve been warned! or you can have these 3 on a separate camp site, at least 3 miles away 🙂
ENJOY & be SAFE guys!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.